All these pages are 8.5x11, 300 dpi. Feel free to print it out in full size if you like physical copies
Comics and Comic Artists
Scott McCloud’s “Making Comics” (entirely done in comic format)
There are a LOT of really great scenes in How to Train Your Dragon 2 but this is the one that had the most impact on me and FOR GOOD REASON:
- It’s such a sweet and genuine song first of all.
- It’s sung, at first, by this HUGE masculine viking who spent the better part of the first movie being super cold and distant, leaving his emotions at bay. Now he’s allowing himself to open up and express his feelings and that’s totally okay woah!!
- Along with that his movements around Valka are slow and gentle, allowing her to either reciprocate or walk away. He never grabs her or tries to shove her right back into their relationship. He’s aware of how much time has passed, of her guilt, so homie’s playin it cool.
- But yeah, ultimately SHE’S the one who agrees to the dance and picks up the pace and it’s SO GOOD to see both figures treating each other with so much love and respect.
- Even better is that both parties are ADULTS, the mom and dad figures of the film series. Adults get written out or ignored so often in children’s movies, either by being dead throughout the entirety of the series OR by only showing up at key moments. Both Valka and Stoic are essential to the film, as is their relationship and Valka’s reason for leaving.
- Did I mention how sweet and genuine the song is? Damn near every romance song in a kid’s film is built up to some schmalty love anthem but HTTYD2 takes a quieter, more human approach.
This isn’t even touching on the little details Dreamworks’ adds to their facial expressions and their movements and gosh everything here works so wonderfully please watch How to Train Your Dragon 2
Fun dream I had the other night of Piquel and Pathos tag teaming in some laboratory(or something like that, the scenery had a very “The Last of Us” kind of feel to it).
Oh, and the place was filled with sh*t ton of zombies.
I’m pretty certain Pathos was there to put the zombies to rest while Piquel was searching for March. As to why Piquel and March were there to begin with I have no idea, but Piquel had a really cool moment of saving Pathos from a potential beating from what looked and sounded like a tank(Left 4 Dead)
Though the most notable moment in my dream was when Pathos let Piquel ride on his back/shoulders.
THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN
I’VE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THIS FOR SEVEN YEARS
DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW HARD IT IS TO ?????
I’m fucking dying
That last fatal scream tho
Ok so I can’t make this post all formal because I need to do this quick because we’re running out of time.
Just today I found out there are only 55 of them left in the world and it makes me sad seeing my favourite animal facing extinction. So I need your help to spread the word and sign this petition to help save the last 55. All you need to do is enter your name, email address and the country you live in. It’s not that much, guys!
Help make a difference
Please sign the petition and spread the word!
How To Draw Better In 2 Minutes
I expected this to be a troll video about sacrificing your soul in exchange for art skills or something but this was actually very informative.
it’s funny because those are basically the lyrics anyway
THIS IS IT
THIS IS THE ONLY VERSION OF THIS GIF THAT I WILL ACCEPT
i cant even begin to describe how perfect this is
OH MY GOD THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT HAPPENED
I mean the lyrics are literally
Why so silent, good monsieurs?
Did you think that I had left you for good?
LIKE TWO MONTHS AGO I WENT THROUGH A PHASE WHERE I WATCHED TIHS VIDEO AT LEAST 5 TIMES A DAY FOR REAL
this is never not funny
I usually don’t go for the maniacs but Bill is an exception.
Also, he’s fun to draw.